Henrik Holm, Chairman from Wehlers shares:
- Why Wehlers decided to adopt a circular economy business model
- How they ensure that their furniture can be reused or recycled at the end of its life
- The importance of creating businesses that does good
- What Wehlers do to ensure that they get their furniture back once people don’t want it anymore and how they make this profitable
- The innovative way that Wehlers are helping to clean up the plastic in the oceans
“ ‘Dad, what happens when there’s no more plastic in the ocean? Then you can not make your chairs anymore.’ It actually made me proud. It’s one of these spots in time that made you stop and think there’s something here that they’re paying attention to, what their mum and dad are up to.” Henrik Holm
Henrik Holm has worked in Danish design companies and fast moving consumer goods companies. During his professional career Henrik gained an international outlook through working with international architectural firms, designers and furniture professionals. More recently Henrik studied leadership and sustainability, and established Wehlers – Furniture for Good.
Wehlers has taken it upon themselves to change the furniture industry – for good. They do this not only through design and quality, but also by drawing on the principles of Circular Economy. This has helped differentiate their brand and win them customer loyalty.
Wehlers uses ocean plastic for its furniture and prevents plastic from re-entering the oceans via its intelligent ECO-system. Wehlers is Europe’s first B-corporation in furniture and has won the German 2017 “Green Product Award” for Circular Economy.