Join Alexander McCobin, CEO of Conscious Capitalism, Inc and find out more about:
- The human nature of capitalism and why it’s a force for good;
- The 4 tenets of conscious capitalism and how they apply to your business;
- The link between our human journey and conscious capitalism;
- Why most people are already doing business for good but don’t know it;
- What steps you can take to become more conscious in your business.
Alexander is CEO of Conscious Capitalism, Inc., dedicated to elevating humanity by improving the practice and perception of business. Capitalism is fundamentally a human endeavor, it is the way for human beings to ethically engage with and help one another. This underlying insight of Conscious Capitalism differentiates it from so many other approaches to business and economics and is needed now more than ever.
In his youth, Alexander’s entrepreneurial drive led him to start and run several businesses, both for profit and nonprofit. During college, though, he didn’t see business as a way to change the world, he thought the way to do that was through academia. So he began a PhD program in Philosophy at Georgetown University.
As he began to work on a dissertation regarding corporate moral responsibility, he attended the first Conscious Capitalism Annual Conference in 2013, where he was inspired by business leaders dedicated to changing the world. Within a year, he left Georgetown without the PhD and dedicated himself to running one of the businesses he had started during undergrad. Before he joined CCI’s staff, he turned that organization into a multimillion dollar operation.