Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. — Albert Einstein
When it comes to saving our planet from climate change, there is no such thing as plan B. Why? Because we only have one planet and we can’t afford to make more mistakes than we already have.
Today you’re going to meet Lubomila Jordanova the brain behind Plan A, the first-ever data-driven crowdfunding platform in the fight against climate change.
In this episode, we’re going to talk about what kind of data they use to predict where and how climate change will hit the hardest. It sounds complex but Lubomila is going to simplify everything for us!
In this episode, Lubomila and I talk about:
- What kind of data Plan A uses to make predictions and how their algorithm uses that data to identify where and how climate change will hit the hardest
- Approaching climate change differently
- The challenges in getting Plan A off the ground
- The six themes (r combination of systematic problems) that created climate change
- How climate change is affecting people’s lives in ways other than just the changing climate (e.g. war)
- How focusing on creating a sustainable world impacts the way Lubomila lives her life
- How the science of climate change works
More about Lubomila
Lubomila Jordanova is the founder and CEO of Plan A, the first data-driven crowdfunding platform in the fight against climate change. It was founded in 2017 and its work mainly focuses on oceans, forests, wildlife, sustainable energy, sustainable living and waste management. In 2018, Lubomila was chosen by Business Punk as one of the Top 100 Entrepreneurs to watch in Berlin.