In simple solutions for a complex and chaotic world.
Business can be a force for good.
That the root of our current global challenges is because humanity has forgotten one thing:
We are part of nature.
Our solution is to remind business that humanity is part of nature and that to become a truly sustainable organisation you must also be a nature-connected organisation.
EarthSelf is both a business and an action experiment. We asked ourselves the following questions:
- What if the Earth were a company in today’s world?
- What impact would it want to make?
- What would the Earth then spend its profits on?
To reconnect people and organisations to nature so that we can improve well-being in people, performance in organisations and create sustainable – and profitable – organisations that will help build a more sustainable world.
- To help organisations identify the impact of nature connection upon sustainable high performance
- To equip people with the skills of nature connection so that they can increase their well-being and improve their capacity for productivity, creativity and innovation
- To educate people and organisations on the importance of nature connection as a path to true sustainability
- To coach leaders and executives using a nature-connected approach for transformation and growth of themselves and their organisation
“Nothing except for nature can transform the world as swiftly as can business – for better or for worse”
~ Amy Larkin, Founder: Nature Means Business
Who We Work With
Our approach works best with forward thinking companies who get that sustainability is not only an opportunity for business growth but an opportunity to transform the world into a better place for all life on Earth.
These companies are creative, open-minded and have a culture of supporting both personal and professional growth within their employees, recognising that the health and well-being of their employees impacts the health and well-being of both the company and the world at large.
And as we work together, 36% of our profits go towards creating our vision of the EarthSelf Foundation by 2022.
EarthSelf models itself on mycelium (the vegetative part of a fungus of which mushrooms and fungi are the reproductive aspects).
In a forest the mycelium creates a network of connections between trees that support the growth of all the trees in the forest. In return, the mycelium receives about a third of the nutrients of the tree.
The EarthSelf Foundation
Our vision is to heal the trauma of the disconnect between humanity and nature so that both humanity and the Earth can live together in peace and harmony.
We want to:
- Support research into the human/nature relationship – both in the fields of biophilia and nature connection
- Develop retreat centres that provide transformation and growth for individuals and organisations to reconnect to nature
- Fund programs for people and communities to heal their human/nature relationship after traumatic events
How We Work
We say what we mean and we do what we say
We believe in our work, our clients and nature
We acknowledge our clients’ perspective and work to integrate it into our nature connected approach
We partner with our clients, partners, associates and stakeholders, recognising that our vision can only be achieved through working together.